Monday, January 21, 2008

Lanie and Friends



Well, as you can see, she is becoming a bit more social. She is rooting for Ruby to walk like a big girl and Reid is teaching her to play 21. We had a good day today, despite my cold. The days of having a pity-party for myself are over and I'll just suck it up and sing lullabies. Speaking of lullabies, I thought she would NEVER go to sleep tonight. We have been counting our blessings that she has been such a good sleeper, down by 7:30 and up at 7:00. However, tonight she thought that Mommy lying her back down thirty times was the most fun she's ever had... smiling at me the entire time. So, Daddy had to play bad cop and she FINALLY closed her eyes at nine. Time for us to do the same. Most of the families are ready to go home to their families and friends, including us. Just a few more days until the BIG appointment at the US consulate...keep us in your thoughts and prayers and thanks, as always, for the support.

2 comments:

Kristen Keefe Hayashi said...

Am loving the pictures with all the smiles, and loved hearing that your girl already knows how to manipulate you! Welcome to the world of parenthood! Oh yes, and the "really have no sympathy that you're sick -- why won't you play with me/sing to me/attend to my every need" made me realize that being a parent really is the first time I figured out what selflessness was all about! Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Am sure you are ready to come home. But try to continue to absorb/enjoy the remaining time in China. From my perspective looking back now, I wish I had not been so eager to come home, as trips back are few and far between!

Will be looking for you in Church! Ellen asked yesterday where you all were!

Unknown said...

We're having so much fun watching the progress of your new family! Val, sorry your sick and get better soon.

By the way, what happened to the udpate yesterday ... we missed it! Don't you know your fan club doesn't give days off!

Dayna