Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ready to go


Well, we have our most precious cargo, and a few thousand other things nearly packed and we're ready to get home to Utah. The rest of the group has left already and are flying through Hong Kong. We tried to be as direct as possible by flying Guangzhou to LA, apparently with hundreds of other travelers. We have Benadryl and ibuprofen at the ready.

The chickenpox scare seems to have abated and at this point they are allowing travel...whew. I like China, but I don't want to live here. It's been the trip of a lifetime, one we will never forget. We can't wait for all of you to meet this little sweetie. She is changing very quickly so we must hurry home. Love to all.

4 comments:

Angelita said...

Congratulations Justin and Val! I could not be happier for you. Helena is the luckiest child in China. I cannot wait to meet her when you get home.
Love, Angela Sleight

Kristen Keefe Hayashi said...

Imagine you won't see this until you're home. We are so anxious to see you all!

Have a safe, enjoyable, and quick trip home!

"There's no place like home...There's no place like home...There's no place like home......"

Kristen, Herb, Stuart, and Ellen Hayashi

Geoff Buchheister said...

I have been following your blog and getting the chills along the way...
You did such a great job making us all to be apart of your journey, so I feel that we know your little sweetheart at least a little bit:-)
We share your happiness and we can't wait to meet her and see you all at home!
Safe and "fast" trip!

Much Love, Tina, Geoff and Stella

kevin said...

Dear V & J,
I've really enjoyed your blog. Makes me feel like I've experienced a part of your wonderful journey to a far away place. The updates and photos have been great. I especially like the one of the three of you on the red couch - very nice! By the way, there's a store I like to visit in NYC called Pearl River and now you guys have seen the actual river - very nice! Hope you are reading this safely back in SLC.
Peace be with all of you.
Kev